The Starlite Festival Marbella – Who’s going to be there?
This year, from 14th July to 20th August, the highly anticipated Starlite Festival in Marbella is set to take place. The Starlite Festival in Marbella is a month long music, fashion, cinema and gourmet event, with an impressive lineup of pop and rock stars from across the globe.
The story behind Starlite Marbella
Since it began in 2010, the Starlite music festival in Marbella seems to get bigger and better and more popular each year. But how did Starlite come to be? What was the basis behind this famous festival?
According to the website, its history is linked to the Starlite Charity Gala; another fantastic event that takes place every year to raise money for a number of causes. The Starlite Gala is hosted by, none other than actor Antonio Banderas. Since the event started in 2010 it has gained a huge following and continues to be an incredible success today. It is the main charity gala in Spain, and the one night each year, when celebrities are guaranteed to come out in force to show their generosity and philanthropy.
This August, the Starlite Gala will be celebrating its seventh year in Spain.
“All the funds raised during the Starlite Gala go to Fundación Niños en Alegría and to Lágrimas y Favores, which was founded by Antonio Banderas. Funds are then channelled to Cáritas, Cudeca, Fundación Corinto, scholarships to Universidad de Málaga, Banco de Alimentos and more.”
Starlite Music Festival
The music festival itself has an interesting history as well. It was thirty years ago when Prince Alfonso Von Hohenlohe (the founder of the Marbella Club Hotel), Julio Iglesias and tenor Placido Domingo came together to create what has grown into one of the world’s most popular music festivals.
Each year, more and more singers, famous DJ’s and international rock and pop stars are keen to participate in the month long festival. This year’s lineup is even more impressive, with legendary international artists already confirmed to take centre stage.
The list so far this year is looking great and many more music stars are expected to confirm. Here’s the playlist as it stands:
- 14th July – Juan Magan – The King of the Electro-latino
- 16th July – The legendary Robert Plant
- 22nd July – Queen will perform a tribute to Freddie Mercury
- 24th July – Carlos Santana, one of the best guitarist of all time will grace the stage.
- 29th July – Charles Aznavour the “Ambassador of the French Song” work his magic.
- 1st August – Welsh heartthrob, Tom Jones will belt out his old classics.
- 2nd August – The famous Spanish (Seville) band Siempre Asi will perform.
- 3rd August – IL DIVO will likely be melting your hearts.
- 4th August – Performing for the first time at Starlite on August 4th is Spanish musical genius José Luis Perales.
- 5th August – Four of the greatest stars in Spanish music will reunite on stage: Ana Belén, Joan Manuel Serrat, Miguel Ríos and Víctor Manuel.
- 8th August – Spanish pop sensation Malu takes to the stage.
- 9th August – Alejandro Sanz will perform
- 10th August – Bertin Osborne will perform.
- 12th August -3 en Rock will take to the stage.
- 14th August – Starlite will transform into a theatrical stage with AIHUA, Cirque du Sens.
- 18th August -Features Noche Movida.
For more information on the latest acts and events, tickets, opening times, directions and much more, please visit the Starlite website.