What better way to get a real feel for a place than by taking a walk around? And, in the Costa del Sol, there can be few better places to take a stroll than along the famous Golden Mile.
As with everything in Marbella, the Golden Mile is everything it promises to be and so much more – several miles more in fact. Extending from Marbella Old Town right through to Puerto Banus the actual area spans some 4 miles (6.5km).
If you want to take in the full stretch, a great place to start is at Plaza de los Naranjos, in Marbella Old Town. As the name suggests, this is a pretty square shaded in ancient oranges trees and from here you can enjoy the many historic buildings and quaint churches – including the beautiful 15th century Santiago Chapel – as you head towards the seafront and main promenade.
Walking the Golden Mile is a straightforward route, predominantly along the palm-lined beachfront. Getting lost isn’t a possibility…getting distracted is!
Things to look out for along the way:
- Parque de la Alameda – for attractive water fountains and colourful mosaic benches
- Avenida del Mar— a fully pedestrianised stretch of the Golden Mile, keep an eye out for sculptures by the famous Salvador Dali
- Paseo Maritimo – for famous beach bars and top class restaurants
- Views of Gibraltar – if you keep an eye seaward you will be able to glimpse Gibraltar in the distance
- Marbella lighthouse – standing some 29 metres high, this lighthouse was built in 1864 and is an attractive landmark of the Golden Mile
- Fabulous property – exquisite luxury villas and apartments line the way
- Puerto Banus – the end of the Golden Mile is heralded by a tall statue with outstretched arms, marking your arrival at the bustling harbour of Puerto Banus.
Want to be able to call this home too? Here at Bromley Estates Marbella, we have the privilege of offering a number of properties for sale along the Golden Mile. Take a closer look at our stunning range of Golden Mile properties. Alternately, use our messaging service to send through details of your specific requirements or email us at info@bromleyestatesmarbella.